Why does sugar dissolve faster in hot tea? Interesting Facts
Many people choose tea as a good alternative to coffee. Black, green, herbal drink is prepared for breakfast, and after a long working day. Tea is drunk regardless of whether it's hot outside or cold. But no less surprising is the fact that such drinks strengthen the immune system, detoxify, can soothe or tone up and even strengthen the teeth. In this article we will talk about whether it is possible to drink hot tea, what will happen if you add sugar to it, and also consider many other interesting facts.
More recently, scientists have proven that hot tea can cause throat cancer. But this is on condition that you drink a drink above 85 ° C. As a rule, we brew tea immediately, as soon as the water boils, that is, it reaches 100 ° C. Cooling and stirring with a spoon, we then drink this drink, even if it burns the throat and tongue.
Sooner or later, a person starts thinking about why sugar dissolves faster in hot tea than in cold tea. For this we will help the school chemistry course.
- First, everyone's favorite sweet, derived from sugar beets, is carbohydrate. This organic compound is highly soluble in the liquid.
- Secondly, as soon as sugar gets into the water, it breaks down. Accordingly, the higher the temperature of the liquid, the faster the process.
- Thirdly, another important question that is worth finding the answer: why does a piece of sugar dissolve faster in hot tea, especially if it is stirred? When a person pours tea and puts a piece of refined sugar there, to speed up the process, he takes a spoon and carefully makes circular movements. This process is called diffusion, when the carbohydrate molecules are set in motion, and the dissolution of the sugar particles occurs much faster.
How to make a delicious tea
Add sugar to hot tea is not necessary to feel the incredible aroma and taste. Here are some useful tips to help prepare an incredibly rich and unusual drink:
- Use honey.Of course, in the amount of carbohydrates, this bee product is practically no different from sugar, but it is much more useful. Honey is an anti-inflammatory product that fights infections, strengthens the immune system, has a beneficial effect on the digestive tract and has a regenerating effect. If the sugar sand contains 99 grams of carbohydrates per 100 grams of the product, then the bee product contains 81 grams.
- Add spices. For example, perfect cinnamon and cloves. Instead of classic tea, you will get an absolutely unique drink that will have the brightest aroma and interesting taste. In addition, each spice in its own way is useful for the body. Simply add a pinch of cinnamon, anise, cloves, cardamom, nutmeg or turmeric when brewing.
- Avoid artificial tea. Now on the shelves you can find hundreds of different drinks, which in composition are practically no different from each other, but have a different taste and smell. It's all about flavors and additives that can give berry, fruit, chocolate notes to black tea. Instead, you can take quality leaf tea, and when brewing, add currants, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, sliced apples and pears, mint, thyme, carcade or ginger.As a result, you get an incredibly delicious, rich and healthy drink.
Why hot tea is the best choice
To begin with, it does not matter what drink you drink, chilled or heated. It is useful in any case, but hot tea still has the advantages:
- The drink in a heated state produces more antioxidants.
- Hot tea makes you feel more relaxed than cold drinks. After taking the body begins to relax.
- The taste is much richer and brighter.
- You can control the amount of carbohydrates, that is, independently choose how much sugar to put in a mug. That is why cold tea does not differ in its beneficial properties from hot, only if you do not choose a drink in a bottle or tin. There, at the time of the spill, large amounts of sugar are added so that drinks stand on the shelves of supermarkets for a long time.
At what temperature to brew
Hot tea should not strongly burn the mucous membrane of the mouth and leave an unpleasant aftertaste. That is why it is not recommended to drink the drink immediately after brewing - let it stand for 5 to 15 minutes.
- On average, black tea is brewed at a temperature of from 70 to 100 ° C, but it all depends on the variety.
- Green and herbal tea is usually poured with water at 60-90 ° C.
They will be useful to fans of a hot drink.
- Do not heat the water to a very high temperature. You can lose all useful properties. You should maintain a moderate temperature of the water before brewing.
- Do not drink bottled green tea, as they contain a lot of sugar and soda water. Make your own drink by brewing quality leaves. So, hot green tea nourishes the body with antioxidants, preventing early aging of the skin.
- Your body takes time to warm up a cold drink to the desired temperature. Hot tea, on the other hand, splits into useful and nutritious substances faster.
- A warm drink from high-quality leaves will help to save you from extra pounds, especially in the abdomen and thighs.
Hot tea is an excellent reason to gather around the table, treat each other with a delicious dessert and have pleasant conversations. Now you know why sugar is better dissolved in warm water than in cold.Use the tips above to make a fragrant and tasty drink.