Volkswagen: how to remove the door trim?
To implement a complete disassembly of the car door, you must first remove its trim.
You can disconnect this item using special keys. Further details how to remove the inner door trim on a Volkswagen.
The composition of the inner lining
To understand the instructions below, you should know what parts the inner lining consists of. It includes:
- window lifter handle;
- lock outlet;
- recess intended for a handle;
- directly plating material.
All work should be carried out so as not to spoil the coating.
Step by step instruction includes the following steps:
- First, unplug the lock with a screwdriver and remove this part.
- Then lower the glass using the handle.
- Remove the window handle. To do this, use a small screwdriver to press the surface of the locking hook. The coating must be lowered down in the direction of the arrow, and then removed.
- Remove the handle from its axis, dismantle the spacer washer.
- Detach the door operating hood.
- Remove the screw that is located inside the door control mechanism.
- Press the cover near the armrest, as well as the door pocket, remove the cross-head screw.
- Detach trim from body. This should be done from the bottom and side, using a spatula. In this case, the spring clips are disconnected.
Now for the owner of the car Volkswagen to remove the door trim will be very easy.