The child does not speak at the age of 2: what should parents do
How to develop speech and make the child talk
You can try to cope with the “silent” problem on your own. Here are some effective tips:
- Pretend that you do not understand the child. Do not immediately respond to a gesture in the direction of the bottle with compote, ask him to say what he wants.
- Let's get something to know. When a baby learns something new, he will certainly want to share it. Do not interrupt, do not rush, but listen to the end, even if you get just one word.
- Let the child finish without you. Start telling a familiar poem that he knows for sure. And let the last word or syllable says baby.
- Praise for learning a new word. Each new word of the baby should be accompanied by your positive emotions and praise, so that the child can see what he is doing well. You can learn new words and write them in a special diary.
- Communication with the baby.The more you tell comments around, the more vocabulary your child will have. When walking in the street, show a tree, a leaflet, a sparrow, a car, a child, etc.
- Read fairy tales. Read more children's fairy tales on the age of the baby, repeating how a dog, a kitten and other animals do.
- Do not lisp. You need to talk without twisting the words.
- Give your baby proper attention, which he lacked.
- Develop fine motor skills. Numerous studies have shown that the development of finger movements is responsible for speech. When there is a lag in the development of motor skills, speech development also lags behind. Regularly play with your child with cereals, small beads, fasten buttons, touch the stones with your fingers. All these games should be supervised by an adult so that the baby does not swallow anything small.