Strawberry during pregnancy. Benefits, possible contraindications
End of spring and early summer are associated withmany with a beautiful and delicious strawberries. Its fragrant and juicy fruit is a real symbol of your favorite season. But is strawberry useful in pregnancy?
Pregnant women are rather capricious about the choice of food, and sometimes they want some fruit or vegetables, the season of which has not come yet.
Do not rush and buy them in supermarkets, because the quality and freshness of foreign delicacies raise doubts. Especially unnatural look shiny gloss, but quite tasteless fruit.
Benefits of strawberries in pregnancy
For the health and safety of their own and their children, it is better to eat natural foods, to which in the summer months there is a fragrant red berry.
She won love for herself not only with her taste, but also with a lot of different vitamins and elements that make up her.
Is it possible to make strawberries during pregnancy? This question arises in almost all women who are preparing to become mothers, because those who do not like these fruits are very, very few.
Gynecologists confidently answer that it is possible, but inmoderate amounts. Useful properties of strawberries have a positive effect on maintaining the immunity of the future mother and her developing baby. What exactly is strawberry useful for pregnancy?
Valuable properties of berries
Yagoda is characterized by numerous valuable properties, among which the most important:
- High iron content, reducing the risk of anemia(anemia), which reduces the feeling of fatigue and protects against headaches. In the strawberry iron is even more than in the well-known all the deposit of this element - apples.
- A large amount of a powerful antioxidant and"A vitamin of good mood" - vitamin C. After a blackcurrant strawberry takes the second place in its content. Vitamin C strengthens the immune system, promotes the absorption of iron by the body, and also has an antimutagenic effect.
- The presence of calcium and phosphorus are important elements, without which the normal development of the bony system of the unborn child and its maintenance in a pregnant woman is impossible.
- The content of different B vitamins,for those or other functions of the body. So, B1 - thiamine, positively affects the nervous and cardiovascular systems, increases the absorption of carbohydrates, activates peripheral circulation, prevents toxicosis; B2 - riboflavin, responsible for the normal functioning of the heart muscle and eyes, B6 and B9 support metabolic processes.
- Provitamin A (beta-carotene) takes part in the formation of rhodopsin - a visual element in the retina of the child's eyes, and also promotes the growth of bone tissue.
- Strong antioxidants anthocyanins help to prevent the formation of blood clots in the vessels and the development of varicose veins.
- Pectin substances and fiber, in large quantities contained in strawberries, normalize intestinal motility and prevent the appearance of constipation.
Given all the positive characteristics of the summerberries, we come to the conclusion that strawberries during pregnancy (no more than 150 grams per day) will be useful to the future mother. It is worth remembering that it is better to eat it in the morning, because the berry has a diuretic effect, so a pregnant woman can avoid swelling. And what is important: you can not eat strawberries on an empty stomach.
Strawberry in pregnancy: contraindications
What is the reason for such a recommendation? The fact that strawberries - one of the few berries, which, in addition to lemon and apple, also contains oxalic acid.
Its components in the human body form ethersand salts, the so-called oxalates. If they become too much, in the body fluids precipitated crystals of calcium oxalate, forming stones and clogging the ducts of the urinary system and kidneys.
To avoid this, strawberries should be consumed inAs a dessert after a main meal. In this case, you must necessarily combine it with any sour-milk product that you like (this can be yogurt, kefir, sour cream, cottage cheese, cream).
Allergies to strawberries
Contraindication to the use of strawberries can be an allergic reaction not only to this berry (which is a hyper-allergen), but also to any other product.
Even if you are confident in your body and neverpreviously did not notice allergies to foods, during pregnancy there are changes that somehow change the habitual course of life and diet. In this regard, pregnant women often have to give up their favorite treats, so as not to harm the future child. To avoid complications and diathesis in a baby, a woman in a position is sometimes better to abandon strawberries, replacing it with something safer.
It was noted earlier that some of the componentsberries normalize intestinal peristalsis. However, the berry also contains potassium, an overabundance of which strengthens this function of the body, which can lead to a reduction in the musculature of the uterus and bronchi. For a woman in a position, this is very dangerous, so it is better to refrain from eating berries. If you really want to eat, you should first consult with an observing doctor who will tell you how much strawberries are safe for your mother and baby.
Strawberry in late pregnancyis quite dangerous for a woman who is preparing to become a mother, as well as for her child. Starting from the 22nd week of pregnancy, the baby becomes especially susceptible to everything that the mother takes.
His condition directly depends on whichstate of health of a woman. Therefore, such an allergenic berry, like strawberries, can be present in the diet only after consultation with the doctor and in small quantities.
Strawberry: eat or not eat?
So what to do if you really want a deliciousberries, but there are doubts in the safe effect of its components on the state of mother and baby? First of all, consult your doctor: he knows the features of your body and determines by his reactions whether it is worth giving in to temptation. In general, we will say that strawberries during pregnancy in moderate portions will raise the mood and vitality, and its useful qualities will not only affect your health, but also your child's condition.