Nairobi is the fastest growing capital of Kenya

Nairobi is the heart of Kenya, the center of its financial,economic and political life. This city by right can be called the most beautiful and rapidly developing in all of East Africa. Translated from the language of the Masai tribe, Nairobi means "the place of cold water", because there is a large accumulation of cold spring waters. When the city was not yet, in this oasis always stayed caravans to rest and gain strength before a long journey.

The capital of Kenya has acquired its status thanks tolaid by the railway, because initially the main city was Mombasa. Nairobi began to build up in 1899, and owes much to the development of the British. At that time Kenya was a colony of Great Britain, that's why the British were engaged in the improvement of Kenyan cities. In a fairly short time, from an abandoned settlement, Nairobi turned into a very large and beautiful city.

The rule of the English did not last long, since inIn 1952, local residents led by Jomo Kenyatti raised an uprising, because the colonialists selected fertile lands from indigenous Kenyans. In 1963, Kenya gained independence, Kenyatta became its first president, and the capital of Kenya was assigned to Nairobi. The population is trembling with everything related to their first president. In the capital is his burial vault, and in the National Museum you can see your favorite pet ruler - an elephant, the exhibit is made in real size.

The capital of KenyaNairobi is home to about 95% of indigenous people,the remaining 5% are Pakistanis, Indians, Europeans. The capital of Kenya is more a Christian city, Islamists and representatives of various African faiths and cults also live. The official language is Swahili and English. In general, the influence of the British is very strong, in the capital there are even hours, very similar to Big Ben.

Kenya reviewsToday, the country is gradually developingThe tourist business, which brings significant income to the state treasury. Interesting landscape, exotic animals, safaris, cultural institutions - all this attracts tourists to a country like Kenya. Feedback from travelers can make sure that it is very interesting and informative.

Excursions to local attractions,familiarity with local culture and safaris - this is what most famous for such countries as Kenya, Tanzania and other states of East Africa. Guests of the capital can go to the Reef Valley, where you can see a huge number of flamingos living here on alkaline lakes. It is also necessary to swim in the thermal springs to improve and improve the skin condition. It will be interesting to look at the ruins of ancient temples, preserved in the vicinity of Nairobi. The local railway museum from around the world collected ancient locomotives and trains.

Kenya TanzaniaThe capital of Kenya is rich in varioussights, the most interesting of which are the gardens of Uhuru. It was in this place in 1963 that Kenya's independence was proclaimed. Also worth a visit is Bomas of Kenya, a complex designed to introduce foreigners to the life of the people of Kenya. An interesting trip is a trip to the giraffe farm, a trip to the national museum and dinner in the restaurant Carnivore, where you can taste dishes made from wild animals that live in the country.

Related news

Nairobi is the fastest growing capital of Kenya Nairobi is the fastest growing capital of Kenya Nairobi is the fastest growing capital of Kenya Nairobi is the fastest growing capital of Kenya Nairobi is the fastest growing capital of Kenya Nairobi is the fastest growing capital of Kenya Nairobi is the fastest growing capital of Kenya Nairobi is the fastest growing capital of Kenya Nairobi is the fastest growing capital of Kenya Nairobi is the fastest growing capital of Kenya