Municipal employee and municipal service
The term "municipal employee" for a long timewas absent in the scientific literature and legislation of the Russian Federation. Local governments exercise power at the local level, and in the very implementation of the power is a special service - the municipal one.
What is a municipal service?
In literal translation from the Latin language, the term"Municipal" means "Italian in the Roman state". This means that the free population of the Roman state received a limited or full right to self-government and the right of Roman citizenship.
Today, the term "municipal service" should be understood as the professional activity of people occupying public positions and ensuring the implementation of local government.
The municipal service performs a number of functions onlevel of urban self-government. An important function belongs to the financial sector: the development of budget projects, the timely provision of funds, a report on the implementation of the developed project. An equally important role is assigned to the organization of socio-economic programs, including the development of health care and education.
Employees of the service
A municipal employee is a person who has reached the age of 18, who is a citizen of the Russian Federation, performing the duties of the municipal service in the established manner, receiving remuneration for this.
Employees are assigned grades according to the results of special qualification examinations.
The municipal employee is obliged:
1) To provide protection and observance of the rights and interests of citizens, not contradicting the law.
2) Perform office powers in good faith.
3) Consider requests of deputies and addresses of citizens in a timely manner.
4) Observe the legislation.
5) To execute orders, instructions, orders of leaders.
6) Observe the norms of professional etiquette.
7) Maintain the required level of qualifications.
8) Do not disclose information.
9) Annually provide information to the tax authorities on property and income.
A municipal employee has the right to:
1) Paid vacation (annually).
2) Monetary compensation for work.
3) Medical care.
4) Pension services.
6) Some benefits for obtaining a loan.
Types of municipalities, according to the current legislation, it is customary to divide into 3 categories:
- urban settlement;
- rural settlement;
- Municipal area;
In accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation, it is possible to distinguish not only types, but also types of municipal formations, which are divided into two levels.
To municipalities of the first levelurban and rural settlements. The second level includes city districts, municipal districts, including districts located on the territory of the subject of the Russian Federation and at the same time having a low population density.
Each education has its own charter, which sets out the main provisions, such as:
- the boundary and composition of the territory;
- term of office of deputies;
- the rights of officials;
- guarantees of officials;
- the social and economic basis for the implementation of local government;
- types of normative acts;
- issues addressed at the local level.
Municipal service is considered an important branchlocal self-government. Without effective self-government, it is impossible to ensure the normal functioning of a democratic state. Thus, it can be concluded that the municipal service and its employees form an improved management system, facilitate the manifestation of civil initiatives, help the authorities hear the people, create the foundation for the economic independence of future generations, and develop new directions for social development.