How to make flowers from fabric?
Watch the video
You can very well decorate any part of clothes, curtains or chair covers with fabric flowers. Making the flowers of the fabric itself is not as difficult as it may seem at first glance. If you are doing them for the first time, then the main thing is to follow the correct instructions. That is what we will provide you now.
How to make cloth flowers with your own hands
First, prepare all the tools and materials you will need in the process of making beautiful colors from fabric:
- Naturally, thread with a needle;
- The cloth. It is better to choose - felt or similar. It should keep its shape well and not crumble;
Next, proceed to the process of making flowers:
- First, we cut strips from the fabric about twenty centimeters long and ten wide;
- Cut out circles from a fabric with a diameter of about three centimeters;
- Cut the strips fold across and, using pins, cleave them along the edge, along the entire length;
- Further, on the same strip, on the other side of the pins, we begin to cut the semi-oval like petals;
- Prepare a needle with a strong, threaded thread, the color of the fabric;
- The fabric with petals (on the opposite side) is stitched with a stitch, which is called “the forward needle” and we fasten it;
- We connect the ends and sew them so that they do not diverge. At this stage you should have a flower base with petals;
- Now, sew a bead into the core of the flower. Around her, using the “Forward Needle” again, sew the seam, while grabbing all the adjacent petals. The bead should turn out in the center of the flower, between its petals, as if “drowning” a little in them;
- On the other side of the flower (as it were, from below), sew a circle of the same fabric so that it does not stand out in color. It can be sewn as a special secret stitch, and the usual “forward needle” stitch, which we have already used more than once;
- Fabric flower ready!
Here is a second, slightly different way to help you make your own flowers from fabric:
- Cut a strip of fabric about half a meter in length and about 10-14 centimeters in width;
- Iron this strip, fold it along and iron it again;
- Divide this strip into five identical parts, which will soon become flower petals;
- Next, sew this fabric with a needle and tie it together;
- In the middle we sew a contrast in color, relatively basic, fabric;
- After that, already her, we decorate with beads or a beautiful button, etc.
You can familiarize yourself with the third way of creating flowers from fabric by watching the video below.
As you can see, it’s not difficult to make cloth flowers. Plus, it will not take you so much time, even for the first time. These colors can be decorated with a hat, skirt, jacket, sweater, curtains, furniture covers. In general, everything that you have enough imagination. It will look very nice and tasteful. After all, handmade items always add comfort and some kind of zest.