How to make a website on Wordpress?
There are many ways to create your website. One of them is website creation using Wordpress. How to make a site on Wordpress, tell our article.
- The first step is to register on the site. At the same time, you have already created a website with the domain name “Your login” .wordpress.com. But it must be filled with data and how it should be issued.
- Now you need to go to the Site Control Panel (Dashboard) and create the necessary "Pages" (Pages).
- To do this, you need to find the “Add New” item on the left side of the “Pages” menu. In the screen that appears, you must enter the title of your page. Now enter the text for the page itself. Also, the page has the ability to quickly format text and insert video, image, audio, standard form and vote.
- After that, you need to click on the Publish button on the right.
- Next you need to create posts (Posts). To do this, click on “Posts” and select “Add New”. Records, unlike pages, are dynamic. This type is suitable for articles, products, news and announcements.This is the information you will frequently change.
- Assign the entries to "Categories". They will be located on the right side of the site. In the case when you have not selected a rubric, the system will place such an entry in the “default rubric”. To create a new category, select “Posts” (Posts), and then select the “Catogories” item. Having done this, you will see a list of categories and a form for adding new categories. Also, you can create subcategories.
- The main nuances of how to make a site on Wordpress, you already know. Now consider the useful details.
- Comments. You can moderate comments, turn them off on the necessary sections, pages, posts.
- Next, select the Themes for the design of your site. When you create a website on a server, you automatically have the opportunity to choose one of the 80 free themes available there.
- To do this, you must select "Appearance", then "Themes" (Themes). Also, you can insert any logos, main pictures and background into the themes themselves. The remaining corrections for styles (CSS) are paid, $ 14.97 per year. Nevertheless, as a rule, the free option is quite enough.
- Also, so-called “Widgets” can be added to your site.Some of them will already be connected (it depends on the theme you chose). Others you can independently connect.
- To do this, you must select "Appearance", then "Widgets" (Widgets). Widgets can be, for example: subscribe to news, RSS, search, your links, calendar, advertising texts and many others.
- In the case when you want to make a website with your own domain name, you need to choose a paid service "Parking" (Mapping). Which will place your purchased domain on the server. This service costs $ 12 per year.
To do this, you need to go to the “Control Panel” (Dashboard), then go to the “Updates” item (Upgrades), and in it select the “Domains” item. Now you know how to create a website on Wordpress!