How to grow cauliflower?
Cauliflower is one of the crops that, toUnfortunately, not often you can see in the suburban areas. This is primarily due to the difficulty of storing cabbage. However, in its useful qualities, it far exceeds the other types of cabbage. It has a lot of protein, vitamins, mineral salts, and the taste of cauliflower is superior to other varieties.
Rules of landing
To grow such cabbage is not difficult, you need to know some rules how to grow cauliflower. Let's talk about them.
- Of great importance is the fact, in which place it is decided to plant cauliflower. It is better, if in the previous year potatoes, cucumbers, beans grew on this plot of land.
- Loves cauliflowers between rows and bright places. Therefore, it is not necessary to plant it in shaded areas.
- The soil for cabbage is prepared since autumn: dig over, fertilize with manure. It's fine if superphosphate (40 g per 1 sq. Meter) or potassium chloride (15 g per same area) is added a little.
- Seedlings can be sown thrice: in late March, in April and in May, then the harvest can be obtained from July to September. It is better to grow each process in a separate pot.
- Directly in the ground to plant a coloredcabbage can be already in the end of April, if there are special shelters for this. If not, it is better in the middle - the end of May, when the threat of nocturnal frost disappears.
- You need to take care of cabbage all the time: loosen the soil, clean the weeds, hoe, water.
Watering of cauliflower
Great value in the cultivation of cauliflowerhas irrigation. Too copious can lead to decay of leaves and even roots, and a small amount of water leads to the death of the plant. Especially abundantly watered cabbage during growth.
In the water several times per season is desirableadd fertilizing: slurry (5 liters of water - 1 liter of slurry), mineral fertilizers (urea 20, 20 g. potassium chloride and 40 g. superphosphate per 10 liters of water). The consumption of such a solution is quite large: 1 liter. for 1 plant.
Cauliflower ripens from July with an earlylanding. Late grades ripen in August and even in September. Has the cabbage matured, determined by the size of its head and degree of whiteness. It is impossible to let the cabbage overripe, then it significantly loses its taste.
Additionally on this topic you can read the article in the article on our website. How to store cauliflower.