How to choose orthopedic reclinator?
In order to correct the flaws in the figure or to relieve pain in the back with various diseases, an orthopedic reclinator is used. Consider its purpose, depending on the pathology, advantages, features of choice and rules of wearing.
What is an orthopedic corset
Orthopedic reclinator is a special supporting corset that is used for various diseases of the spine. At the same time, the process of restoration of posture (especially in the post-traumatic period) is quite long.
The functions of the corset are to support the correct form and redistribute the load on the spine. Wearing it allows not only to relieve pain in the back, but also to prevent their occurrence, to eliminate muscle stiffness and reduce the possible risk of fractures or bruises when doing certain types of heavy physical exertion. Stoopedness, curvature of the spine, osteochondrosis and other pathologies in the spinal section are direct indications for wearing a special supporting corset.
Benefits and Benefits
Orthopedic reklinator allows you to unload tired muscles, especially during static work (prolonged sitting). When heavy physical activity reduces the load on the spine.
The benefits of wearing special corsets are as follows:
- correct spinal fixation;
- increase in intra-abdominal pressure;
- unloading of the thoracic and cervical spine;
- the formation of correct posture;
- reduction of the rehabilitation period after injuries and fractures in the spinal spine.
Direct indications for wearing a support structure on the back are:
- congenital abnormalities associated with the spine and its deformation;
- spinal curvature in the early stages;
- thoracic kyphosis (curvature of the upper part of the vertebra, in this case a hump may form);
- intervertebral hernia, when the pulpal nucleus is displaced between the discs of the vertebra, which, in turn, is fraught with the fact that a fibrous ring may break;
- lumbar lordosis (bend of a vertebra inward in the lower back);
- osteochondrosis (changes in the joints and cartilage), sciatica (inflammation of the nerve roots in the spine).
In these cases, doctors recommend wearing a reclinator, but its appearance and shape, as well as the mode of wearing, is coordinated with the specialist, as well as on the basis of the existing pathology and its stage in the patient.
According to user reviews, the orthopedic reclinator is quite an effective device, but here it is necessary to pay attention to its appearance.
There are the following types of corsets:
- supportive - designed for those who do not have significant abnormalities and deformities of the spine, but additional support is required (with sedentary work, with the formation of a hernia between the vertebrae and flat feet);
- corrective - designed to align the deformed vertebra (scoliosis, vertebra surgery);
- prophylactic - most often they do not have a rigid base, they are elastic and help prevent the development of diseases of the spinal section.
Supporting reclinators can be thoracic, lumbar, and thoracolumbar (depending on the location of the pathology). Also, all orthopedic corsets can be divided into soft, hard and semi-rigid, depending on the stiffness.
When choosing supporting devices for the back, it is important to reverseattention to the following parameters:
- The size. It is important that it is properly selected based on user settings. If the size of the corset is not, then you can take a freer version in which a person will feel comfortable.
- Rigidity. It all depends on the presence of pathology. For the prevention of back problems and correction of minor deformities, as well as during strong physical exertion, a soft or semi-rigid option is selected (for example, orthopedic reclinator - Delbe rings), with a strong curvature and a rigid model should be preferred.
- The material of manufacture. Since the reclinator can be worn up to five hours a day and is in close contact with the skin, it is important that the material is natural and elastic.
- Model. It is selected depending on the localization of the pathology, there are also complex options that are designed to support both the upper and lower back.
Features of the choice of children's corset
When forming an incorrect posture in a child, many parents wonder whether it is possible to use a children's orthopedic reclinator when and under what conditions.
Features of the use of supporting corsets in children:
- children may be assigned a recliner from the age of five, when a certain degree of spinal deformity is already visible;
- the earlier in the identified pathology, treatment and wearing of a corset are prescribed, the higher the chances for the restoration of posture, since before 15 years the spine of the baby’s baby is formed and it is more elastic.
When choosing a child recliner, one should pay attention to the size (it should correspond to the child’s parameters), the material (only natural) and the degree of rigidity. Tough models are rarely used for children, only in an extremely neglected situation and for medical purposes. It is important that it is not visible under the clothes.
It should also be understood that the wearing of a special supporting corset in children is not as the main therapy, but as an additional treatment. Depending on the type of pathology, you need to exercise and wear the product only periodically so that the back muscles do not atrophy.
Can a recliner harm?
Vertebral deformities are susceptible to persons who have insufficiently strengthened muscular corset, they need additional support for posture.It should be understood that the orthopedic reklinator is not intended for permanent wear, only periodic. If it is worn constantly, the back muscles can simply cease to perform their function, and a person cannot do without a corset. As a result, this can lead to the fact that when a muscle is weakened, a person will feel constant back pain.
In the pharmacy you can find a large number of different supporting corsets, depending on the shape, model and manufacturer. Consider the most popular of them.
- Reclinator orthopedic "TRIVES" - an effective orthopedic device that is intended for the correction of various types of spinal deformity. The result is noticeable after a few weeks of use, made of hypoallergenic materials, easy to maintain and is intended for the upper vertebra.
- TLSO-251 (F) Orlett is a reinforced posture corrector that is designed to be worn on the chest or lumbar region of the back. It has a hard back and elastic belt, well removes the pain in the back, eliminates slouching and improves muscle tone.
- Reclinator orthopedic "Krayt" - assigned as a treatment or prevention, effectively forms the correct posture. It is prescribed for osteochondrosis, scoliosis, vertebral injuries, hernias and in the postoperative period, made of hypoallergenic materials, taking into account the anatomical features of a person and has two removable stiffeners.
- "KK-04 Ekoten" - designed to be worn on the thoracic spine, is prescribed for scoliosis and kyphosis, in the initial stages.
- 50R49 Dorso Carezza Posture OttoBock - chest corrector, has the appearance of a vest with flexible spring inserts, fixes the shoulders and helps the spine to properly form.
How to wear?
It is important to understand that orthopedic reklinator is used only on prescription of a doctor, its shape and appearance is also coordinated with a specialist.
Rules for wearing supporting devices:
- a corset is put on in the morning when the muscles are most relaxed;
- first dressing - no more than 30 minutes, then this time is gradually increased to five hours a day;
- sitting, standing and walking for a long time is the main time of wearing a reclinator;
- every few days the belt tightens harder;
- corsets with a rigid back are not intended for physical activities;
- on average, the corset is worn from 3 months to six months, it is not recommended to use it longer.
Supporting corset is contraindicated for use in the following cases:
- period of childbearing;
- allergic manifestations on the material of manufacture, which is accompanied by rashes of a different nature on the skin;
- open wounds or various skin diseases that affect the back area.
Wearing a corset in this case can bring not benefit, but rather harm.