Cape on the Christmas tree cross
In order to hide the unsightly cross of the Christmas tree as a child, we used cotton. Then they wrapped a piece of cloth and, finally, I had the opportunity to sew a real skirt on the tree. Or rather, a cape at the base of the tree. I wore a skirt of hats (for lack of loose fabric). The beauty of this tailoring is that the edge of the fabric does not pour, the snow-white edging has already been sewn and it remains only to add decor elements. As a decoration, I chose a Christmas plant with bright red flowers - poinsettia. If you are too lazy to sew flowers, you can use pompoms with hoods or purchased snowflakes.
1. For a cape, I needed:
- Caps - 5 pcs.
- Threads of red and white.
- Centimeter or ruler.
2. For the cape itself, only 4 caps are needed. We start with them - we cut off the corners with pom-poms. If you fasten the skirt, right around the trunk of the tree, you only need to cut off the very tip of the cap - 1 cm. If you have a bucket or stand, then measure its diameter, in order to avoid too wide or a small cape cutout.
3Unzip one side seam.
4. We connect among themselves 4 parts of a cape. Remember to leave one seam open.
5. Of the white edging, the fifth of the account cap, you need to make blanks for flowers. For each poinsettia you need 3 blanks. The total number of flowers on the cape - 7 pieces. Total 21 parts turn out. The length of white edging is 60 cm. By simple mathematical calculations, we obtain the width of each petal - 2.8 cm.
6. From the rectangles we cut out pointed double-sided petals. Conveniently cut several pieces at once.
7. Each petal must be folded as shown in the photo.
8. Fold the workpiece in the middle and stitch the needle.
9. Add the second part in the form of a petal.
10. And the last third workpiece in place.
11. To complete the work, return the needle to the place where we began to sew the flower. Tighten and fasten, but do not tear the thread!
12. Immediately sew a flower on a cape under the Christmas tree.
13. Here the poinsettia flower has taken its place.
14. It remains to make the rest of the flowers and fix them on the cape on the cross of the Christmas tree.
15. Cut out narrow strips from the red fabric of the fifth cap and sew on both sides of the open seam. We get the strings for fixing the skirt on the basis of the Christmas tree.
16. Well, the cape with white flowers took its place.
17. It seemed to me that the flowers are not enough, and I added another red poinsettia on the white skirt of the skirt. In my opinion, it turned out too much, but I did not fix it anymore. New year on the nose, which means that this year to hide the cross of the tree, there will be such a colorful skirt with flowers of poinsettia.