Behavior rules at the table
Since childhood, we must learn to cultivate the behavior at the table, following etiquette. We need not only to be able to behave correctly, but also to explain the rules of behavior to children.
How to behave at the table: rules and prohibitions
- Never talk with your mouth full. Even if you were asked a question, do not rush to respond, swallow the food and only then say.
- Do not bite off big pieces at a time. Also do not bite bread, but break off slices and put them in your mouth.
- Do not cut the meat in large pieces. The next piece can be cut off after you ate the previous one, so that the type of dish was beautiful, and the food - hot.
- Do not take the bird's hands, use a fork and knife. Fingers can be taken when a fork with a fork will already be impossible. Raise the meat to swallow the bone.
- Remove the fish bones with a fork. You can help yourself with your fingers, just do not lick them after that, but wipe them with a napkin.
- You do not need to use a knife if you eat a cutlet, scrambled eggs, fish, jellies, syrniki. All these dishes can easily be broken with a fork.
- A garnish like potatoes, vegetables and pasta, pierce the fork, helping yourself to a crust of bread.
- Do not eat with a knife, so as not to spoil your impression and not cut your mouth.
- The rules of behavior at the table say that the knifeit is necessary to hold in the right hand, in the left at you at this time there will be a fork. Until you eat the whole dish, do not shift the tableware from one hand to the other.
- If the dish can be eaten with a fork, do not use a spoon.
- On the saucer you can not spit out the bones from the compote. To get rid of the stone, bring a spoon directly to the mouth and spit it into it, and then put it on a plate.
- To be polite with your neighbors on the table, do not choose large pieces from the general dish, but take the most extreme.
- If you needed something that is far away from you, do not try to reach across the table, ask someone to tell you this.
- Do not drink from the saucer, if there is juice in it, and do not grease the remainder of the sauce with bread.
- Do not put a fork and knife on the table if they are dirty.
- After the meal, do not lick the spoon.
- Dirty dishes should not be moved to a neighbor or put in his dirty plate without his consent.
- Stir the sugar in the tea and take the spoon out of the cup so it does not tip over.
- Do not send a tablespoon in your mouth.
- Do not read at the table, this you show that you are not interested in the people with whom you are sitting.
- Do not put your foot on your leg and do not sit sideways to the table.
- Do not crust bread, do not leave crusts.
- When you serve a dish, do not look at it and do not pick it with tableware.
- Do not champ, eat with a closed mouth.
- Never respond badly about the dish, so as not to upset the landlady.
Observe the etiquette. The rules of behavior at the table include many useful points!
- Spread a cloth napkin on your lap. This is done at the moment when they begin to serve. Do not wipe the dishes or appliances with napkins, even if they saw a speck on them.
- Do not wipe the mouth and instruments with a napkin, you canJust put it to your lips and lightly touch. By the way, the cloth napkin is intended only to protect clothing from accidental contamination, and paper - to clean the lips after eating.
- After the end of the meal, fold a paper napkin and put it on your plate. Near the plate, leave a tissue napkin.
How to sit at the table
The rules of behavior at the table oblige the hostess to sit first, inviting everyone to follow her example. She sits down in the middle after she shows the guests where they belong.
Men help women to sit, pushing chairs for them, and then sit down themselves.
Make sure that:
- Your posture did not disturb the surrounding harmony. To do this, keep it steady;
- you completely occupied the seat of the chair, slightly touching the back. Sit still, your posture should be relaxed, but the back is always flat;
- your legs were bent at the knees;
- at a break in food, your hands lay on your knees;
- your elbows were not on the table.
If you are a man
- Do not be late for a feast, although the same rule applies to women, so that it does not seem as if you are impolite.
- Do not sit at the table before women. Accompany one of the ladies to her place, offering her his right hand.
- If you are in a restaurant, select a table, move the chair away when the lady settles, move it and sit to the left of it. At a small table you can sit opposite.
- Give the lady a menu so she can choose her firstdish, only then choose a dish for yourself. If a woman allows you to choose both dishes, do not deny her. When the waiter comes up, make an order, as the ladies do not do this.
- The general dish should be taken in separate plates by those devices that lie near it.
- Use cutlery in order in which they already lie. Begin with the most extreme, end with those that are near the plate.
- Do not touch the blade and teeth on the fork and knife.
- When you take a break from eating, place the cutlery in a criss-cross position on your plate, not on the table.
- Crisscross also should be placed devices when there is a change of dishes. Make sure that the fork lies on the top with a convex side, and the point of the knife looks to the left.
- When you have completely finished the meal, the fork and knife should lie on the plate in parallel to each other.
Unfortunately, the rules of behavior at the table are notare limited only by the ability to correctly use all table objects and an understanding of how to eat. It is very important to know how to behave at a festive table. Conversation, manners, even a look - these are all important components of correct behavior at the table.