Angina is a disease that is characterized by discomfort or painful sensation behind the sternum..
Our heart makes 110 thousand beats per day. That it works in order to ensure the flow of blood through the vessels, even in the most remote cell of the human body. The heart performs tremendous work and requires a constant flow of blood, and for this it needs oxygen and nutrients. If the heart vessels constrict, there is less blood than necessary. Then the heart cells die, then there is pain.
Angina is a painful attack, it can be accompanied by:
The nature of angina pectoris may be different. The most common pain attacks lasting from five to twenty minutes, which themselves pass. The duration of the attack is also an important factor in assessing its severity.
However, one must remember that angina is a signal about serious problems in the work of the heart itself. Angina can not be ignored. If it is not treated, or treated incorrectly, this disease always progresses,leading subsequently to persistent disability or even premature death from myocardial infarction.
Symptoms of angina pectoris:
- discomfort or pain in the chest,
- pain can be given to the left hand,
- anxiety and fear.
Symptoms worse when lying down, so the patient is better to sit down. Angina can be a marker of serious heart disease, manifested in a stomach ulcer, gallstone disease.
The main causes of angina are:
- oxygen starvation of the heart muscle
Treatment of angina pectoris
1. Power correction. Exclude from the diet fatty foods that increase cholesterol. Do not pass. At least twice a week, turn on the fatty fish in the menu - the fatty acids contained in it prevent arteries from constricting, improving heart blood flow. Often eat vegetables and fruits, onions, garlic.
2. A doctor may prescribe potassium and magnesium preparations. These elements maintain the elasticity of the walls of blood vessels, slowing growth on the inner walls of blood vessels of an atherosclerotic plaque.
3. Drugs that act to expand the blood vessels and improve the blood circulation of the heart muscle become the basis of medical treatment for angina pectoris.